Real Estate Brokers
Interviewing Real Estate Brokers
When determining what real estate broker to use for your property hunting, consider asking the following questions:
- Are you a full-time broker? (Full-time experience could be better)
- For how long? (Look for two years or more)
- Are you a licensed realtor? (Members adhere to a Code of Ethics)
- Are you part of the Multiple Listing Service?
- Would you be willing to work as a buyer's broker? Would you be willing to work with a buyer's broker? In either case, how would your fee be handled?
- Will you give me references? (If they're reluctant, go elsewhere)
- How many homes have you sold this year? (In normal markets, look for at least one per month)
- What services will you provide for me?
- Do you frequently deal with investment and rental properties? (If applicable)