- People Aren't Saving Enough
- Racking Up Debt
- What You Will Learn in this Section
- Should I Borrow Money?
- Total Cost of Borrowing
- Think Before You Borrow–Key Considerations
- Where Should I Borrow?
Where Should I Borrow?
Once you decide to borrow, look at the different sources of cash that are available to you.
- If you are a homeowner with equity in your home, there are some attractive ways to use the equity in your home as a means of getting cash.
- If you are not a homeowner or have no equity in your home, you still have several different options to consider, such as borrowing from a retirement plan or insurance plan, or taking out a personal loan.
- It may be that you can easily borrow from family members.